Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Status update: Preparing for war!

After being back in the hobby for a couple of months I fell that there is somehting missing.

The actual gaming! :-)


Thats why I have decided to put together a small 750 point Orcs & Goblins (OnG) army...


First thing I need to do is to read up on the rules and get familiar with the new army list, but I like to cutr some corners once in a while so I fast forwarded to buy the army book and start to compose...

 One thing is for sure, Savage orcs seems the way to go. Unfortunately i dont like them, I realize that this will be to some disadvantage to me, but... Playing games should be fun, and playing OnG should be CHAOTIC :-)

This list will have a lot of chance elements and the more competitive hobbyists out there will probably think I´m crazy, but I dont want to win by having a perfectly balanced, every point optimized kind of army.
It should be on or off, trample or being trampled. The next turn should be so unpredictable for both players that you and your opponent just starts to laugh at it...
 will be some sanity to it, as i have a lot of stuff laying around I will utlize that first of course.

Enough talking here goes:
 
Unit name Amount Points



Orc Big Boss 1 55
War boar 1 16



Orc Boyz 19 114



Musician 1 10
Standard bearer 1 10






Night Goblins 25 75



Musician 1 10
Standard bearer 1 10
Netters
45



Fanatics 2 50






Orc Shaman 1 65
Level 2 wizard
35
Power stone
20






Wolf Chariot 1 50






Squig Herd

Cave Squigs 6 48
Night Goblin herders 4 12



Mangler squig 1 65






Total Points
690


The last 60 points leaves space open for magical items, not a lot I know but some protection for the Warlord and a battle standard. Might change this slightly to include more bouncing craziness :-)
 
The plan now is to start to put together everything and paint it, I will start painting everything step by step so when taking the battlefield nothing is raw plastic. This might be obvious for most of you but truth is: I haven´t played a game so far with a fully painted army!

Stay tuned for updates...

1 comment:

  1. Unless you have any friends with armies as small as your own might find it hard to have opponents to play at 750 points.

    Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete