Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Status update: Whats up? Whats next? Bases...

So far three miniatures has been completely finished, I am satisfied with the result and the reason being is larger attention to detail and work as hard as ever on being patient. Some have also been cut "from the roster" as my own skills failed me as well as impatience showing its ugly face.



In addition there has been significant improvement on the field of photography and more to come, keep reading to find out more...


Currently there´s two Khorne Berzerkers and an Orc boy completely painted and finished. The result of these three are above my own expectations. In a worldly comparison i would say they are table-top quality with aspirations! :-)

However, finishing the Orc boy has released the Waaagh! inside me, i have another one half, finished already, and my next step is to finish the entire mob laying around. In addition i have also peaked onto the GW website to pickup some Black Orcs and a regiment of night goblins, how i love those fanatics!
There´s also a third berzerker 3/4 done, this time its the sergeant of the squad. I have another five to go of the ready assembled and hopefully its enough to give me confidence to start the first big project...

I could have had several more miniatures finished but I don't want to cut corners on quality, since I am not looking to field an army, together with the fact that I have hundreds of unpainted miniatures laying around I have the luxury of "cutting work in progress from the roster" to use a sports metaphor.
Of course if I see a way out to save the miniature I will try, but the Cyclone Terminator for example is beyond all hope in my eyes. Looking at it I just see a good example of what went wrong.

Nothing bad happens though that dies not bring good, a pack of Space Wolves Long Fangs are on the list instead and the first one has a decent result.

I have been experimenting a little bit with bases and think that it has gotten better, however crawling through the Internet it has been blatantly obvious that I have a long way to go.
he first thing that comes to mind is: From what are all those awesome "flat rock" bases made of? I will post a couple of questions on blogs and forums to try to figure it out.

Last but not least, i found my Digital SLR camera in a drawer at my brothers, i had forgotten that i had a couple of decent lenses and a professional flash with it so if you haven't noticed yet (equipment can only do so much) the pictures will improve going forward :-)

On that topic, enough with the boring text and lookout for more Showcases and Works in progress, soon i will try my first tutorial or how-to as well.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment