Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Showcase: Orc warrior mob

Finally finished! No posts for one and a half weeks in a big push to finish the orc mob and now its done.
I am really proud over the results and the fact that it is actually the first complete regiment I have painted (!)


Keep on reading if you want to see more details...

I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago that I thought I went into too much detail, I have now changed my mind. The result was awesome and since Orcs & Goblins are my favourite army I figured its better to spend a bit more time and be satisfied with the result rather than rush to get an army going.




As every true hobby freak I have chosen to name my greenskin tribe to get some character to the army, the name fell on "Da red skullz". I have tried to signify this byt adding some red details on every model as well as painting an orkish freehand motive on the banner.

Below is the boss of this mob, simply a normal Orc multi-part warrior given some more "bitz" and a bigger choppa :-)


 

The standard of the mob was my first test with painting cloth like surfaces. Since i decided to do it black i had a real challenge iun front if me.
I am happy with the result so far (because in all honesty its not actually finished).



All in all, I am very proud of the first ever complete regiment, even though it took ages to finish. I have learned tons and really pumped to get going with new projects....

Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Boyz are looking good. Skin looks really nice. Orks for Warhammer is quite and undertaking. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback! They are definately worth it in my opinion :-)

      Fun to paint and completely unpredictable to play with...

      Delete