Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Showcase: Saurus warrior

My inspirational side project got finished quickly, the first of many. In fact, i apparently had a complete full army of 2000 point laying around! Got effectively finished whilst waiting for the Orc boyz to dry in between different paints.

Check out the results below after the jump!



Since batch painting is not my strong suit, I started this miniature for inspiration and as a test to find a good way to quickly paint up an army.
If I cant figure that out the plan of playing a game will never come through!


For the skin i used dry brushing only, then a wash to tie the colors together. Dry brushing is currently the quickest way for me to cover large areas with decent highlights.

Further, i decided to use only two layers for each color of highligt. It seems like i really finished this one quicker than other models. But when i choose a larger number for a batch is when the true test will be done.

The quality is lower that my Orcs for example but I am still quite content with the overall level of work!

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment